Here’s a sampling of activities and events we do throughout the year…
- Toonie Fair — a fun, family friendly time of games, bouncy castle and food.
- Support for the Food Bank and Margaret’s House — Throughout the year we donate food to the food bank at the Church of the Holy Spirit (on Gaston Road) and prepare corn chowder once a month for Margaret’s House (on Ochterloney Street).
- KidZ Afternoon Out — an after-school outreach which provides children in the neigbourhood a safe space to play, explore, create, and socialize with interactive programming centered on games, crafts, singing, story/drama, and a meal shared around the table together.
- Movie Nights — films shown in our sanctuary on our big screen with big sound and lots of popcorn and pop.
- Game Nights — why wait for a power outage when you can come and play a variety of board games while indulging in some sugary and salty snacks.
- Concerts — local, regional and national talent has been hosted in our sanctuary which boast phenomenal acoustics and the intimacy of a seating capacity of 190. Recent performances have been given by Steve Bell (folk/acoustic), Stephanie Mainville (celtic influenced), and David Peterson (bluegrass).
- Yard Sales — in the spring and the fall we host huge yard sales that are greatly anticipated by the community as much for the bbq and fudge table as the gems waiting to be discovered.
- Dinner Theatres — bring an extra rib because you will likely break one laughing so hard at the very skilled and fun productions given by our South End Amateur Players… but don’t just sit and watch because there is always room for another person willing to wear a costume.
- Annual Choral Cantatas — A small but mighty choir will often invite another choir to accompany them in the production of a Christmas Cantata each year (and sometimes an Easter Cantata too) which they deliver locally at least twice in the community and occasionally they have taken their voices on the road to deliver in our venues within our region.